Thursday, October 3, 2013

Project GLOWWORM
I really should be used it by now, after all these moustachioed years, yet I still find myself discouraged when a hair over an inch long simply falls out of my moustache. Hairs come & hairs go, this I learned long ago, & the success of the array of whiskers is not contingent upon any single hair. Yet when a hair gives up the ghost, I fear that my moustache has reached its zenith, that it's all down hill from here. That wouldn't be so bad, if this was all there was. I enjoy my moustache & the smiles it puts on the faces of strangers. Yet in my vanity I yearn for more, I yearn to sport a moustache of heroic proportions. Stay the course lad, & count your bewhiskered blessings.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Flogging Molly, "Selfish Man" from Swagger (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary:

"I don't eat I just devour,
Everyone and every hour,
All is me is all I need
And that's all that I care.
Propelled through all this madness
By your beauty and my sadness,
I'll never change or rearrange
'Til I've finished what I've started.
And life it leads me here,
It showed me I have never really loved no one but me,
Like the time that slipped through my hand
And I'll never understand
Why I'm such a selfish man…"

No comments: