Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Rebel Black Dot Hallowe'en Song of the Day
The Aquabats!, "Cat with 2 Heads!" from The Fury of the Aquabats! (Captain Thumbs Up!)

Commentary: The Hallowe'en-themed series of R.B.D.S.O.T.D. plain slipped my mind this year. I thought about it earlier in October, but as we entered the last third of the month I got caught up in other things, day-specific R.B.D.S.O.T.D. & the general excitement around Ki-El's wedding & the ersatz reunion with dear friends & vague acquaintances of old. But better late than never, I say. I see no compelling reason to end on 31st October, not when things are just getting rolling; so, prepare yourself for our standard eight-day celebration of the spooky, the bizarre, & the mischievous; of Samhain, trick-or-treating, & All Hallows' Eve. Boo!

"Cat with 2 Heads!" is a cautionary tale about my contention that mad science is the best science & an oddly poignant commentary on the responsibility that accompanies a life of privilege.

"Society has been so good to me,
My parents paid for my college education,
Majoring in biotechnology,
Created a beast and now it's after me!

"I was in my laboratory,
Creating what I thought would be,
Well, something great for the world:
A two-headed cat!
You could pet one kitty's head,
And pet the other kitty's head,
But little did I know the power of atomic energy
Would create a two-headed, man-eating monster!…"

No comments: