Saturday, November 23, 2013

Autobahn
The other day, I espied a Mini Cooper S bearing the vanity license plate ZIPPY. Well done, sir! The marketing folks at B.M.W. must be very pleased. "Zippy" was replete with racing stripes; the Mini Cooper is so preposterous looking in any event that it is one of the few vehicles that can pull off racing stripes without the owner coming off as a complete buffoon.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Less Than Jake, "Summon Monsters" from GNV FLA (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Initially, two songs suggested themselves as the R.B.D.S.O.T.D. Musically, I was drawn to "Summon Monsters," but lyrically, I was drawn to "Harvey Wallbanger" from Greetings & Salutations from Less Than Jake. I listened to both, at which point "Summon Monsters" (which I persistently mistake as being titled "Summoning Monsters") became the clear choice.

No comments: