Friday, January 31, 2014

Autobahn

On the expressway this morning, I espied two Saab 9-3 Aeros running nose to tail. The Saab 9-3 is common enough, but the 9-3 Aero is a rarer sight. Two Aeros, not just on the same freeway at the same time but running within yards of each other?



He's Dead, Jim
There was a lengthy spell, approximately two months, from November last year 'til recently, when I sported by black spectacles nearly every single day. I noticed yesterday that I hadn't been bespectacled in at least a week. I am blessed with sufficiently clear vision not to require permanently corrective lenses, as does every other member of my immediate family. The decision as to whether a given day is or is not an eyeglasses day is a judgment call, made early in the morning; it takes my eyes a little while to adjust to the lenses* or their absence, so I almost never change my mind later in the day. There are no elaborate criteria for choosing specs or no specs, it is a judgment call, a gut feeling. Why have there been no spectacle days of late? Your guess is as good as mine.

*Only the right eyepiece is a lens. The left is simply a piece of transparent plastic, as that eye has virtually 20/20 vision. So, yes, to the amusement of all it would be entirely practical for me to sport a prescription monocle.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Vampire Weekend, "Worship You" from Modern Vampires of the City (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Hipster rubbish, but catchy all the same.

No comments: