Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Urbi et Orbi

Last year's total Mass attendances topped off at an unprecedented sixty-three. That is eleven more Masses than the annual goal of fifty-two, the first time that goal had been met or exceeded. Even were I to make the extraordinary concession of not counting the six "extra" Masses I of the two weekends during which I attended every Mass to promote membership in the K. of C., a new record would still be set: fifty-seven. There is a temptation not to set a new goal, merely to see if I can attend Mass fifty-two times during two consecutive years, but that will not do. This year has two goals: to attend Mass at least fifty-two times & not to miss a single Sunday during which I'm not traveling. This will require a renewed, sustained commitment to be obedient to His Will in all things.

This year is off to a fine start—today is the Solemnity of Mary, the Mother of God, a holy day of obligation, & I have already returned from Mass. Merry Christmas & a happy New Year!

2008: 32
2009: 33
2010: 32
2011: 37
2012: 45
2013: 63
2014: 1…

2014 also marks the end of five consecutive years of having Star Wars: The Clone Wars wall calendars, another success in Disney's campaign to kill my lifelong love for Star Wars. All my life, I always thought George Lucas was Luke Skywalker. Only too late did we realize that all along he as Anakin Skywalker, who has finally succumb to the Dark Side & revealed himself as Darth Vader, traitor to everything he ever stood for & fought to protect. (Walt Disney Company C.E.O. Bob Iger is Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine in this scenario.)

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Eighth Day of Christmas/New Year's Day
Michael Bublé, "Ave Maria" from Christmas (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: