Friday, February 7, 2014

Operation ÖSTERREICH

Back in the saddle & back on the straight & narrow. At this morning's weigh-in, I had lost six point two pounds since the last weigh-in three weeks hence—though it must be noted that at that weigh-in I'd gained two point eight pounds in the preceding fortnight. So, in sum I've lost three point six pounds since 30 December 2013, & seventeen point one pounds (or one point two stone) since current record-keeping began on 13 November of last year. A shade over seventeen pounds in a shade under three months, including significant regression during the Yuletide & in the exuberance of the New Year; at that rate, I'd lose approximately sixty-eight pounds in a year. I'm pleased with the results so far, but not yet satisfied with my efforts. I must do better. The last three weeks have been a step in that right direction, but complacency is the handmaiden of sloth & gluttony & must be avoided at all costs.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Fountains of Wayne, "Someone to Love" from Traffic and Weather (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary:

"There's something wrong that she can't describe,
She takes her contacts out of her eyes,
Sets the alarm for six forty-five,
So she can get a little exercise…"

No comments: