Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Explorers' Club, № CCCLXXXI

Born from Jets, Part I: The Saab 35 Draken ("dragon").







Commentary: Some manner of prize to whomever first identifies the error in the schematic drawing of the Draken.

The Rebel Black Dot Anti-Valentine's Song of the Day
Smokey Robinson & the Miracles, "The Tears of a Clown" from Motowns 1's (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Smokey!

"Now, if there's a smile on my face
It's only there trying to fool the public.
But when it comes down to fooling you,
Now, honey, that's quite a different subject;
But don't let my glad expression
Give you the wrong impression—
Really I'm sad,
Oh, sadder than sadder,
You're gone and I'm hurting so bad,
Like a clown I pretend to be glad.

"Now there's some sad thing known to man,
But ain't too much sadder than
The tears of a clown
When there's no one around…"

2 comments:

K.Steeze said...

Not sure of the error in the drawing, but that is a sweet looking jet!

Mike Wilson said...

I know, right? I'm not normally a fan of delta-winged jet aircraft, but the Draken's double delta is a phenomenal piece of design.

Hint: The error is not an incorrect rendering of the aircraft, but an inconsistency from one drawing to the next.