Friday, February 28, 2014

The Rebel Black Dot Anti-Valentine's Song of the Day
Great Big Sea, "How Did We Get from Saying I Love You" from Play (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Thus concludes this February's festival of not anti-love songs, not songs against romantic love, but songs about the love that failed, about the follies of romantic love. I never meant to abandon this joyously bitter tradition & have taken steps to ensure that it will persist in 2015 & beyond, after a lamentable absence in '13.

Also, because this is still
The Secret Base & I remain the same captious devil I've always been, the title of "How Did We Get from Saying I Love You" should be, at the minimum, "How Did We Get from Saying I Love You?," or even "How Did We Get from Saying, 'I Love You'?"

"How did we get from saying 'I love you'
To 'I'll see you around some day'?"

No comments: