Saturday, March 22, 2014

Project MERCATOR

Last night, after I cleaned up from the K. of C. fish fry, & after two false starts on other dates, I joined Ska Army for a pint (or four) at the metropolitan area's newest hot spot, the Fenton Fire Hall. We enjoyed overpriced, pretentious craft beer, good conversation, & running into every single person either of us knows. Granted, that's an exaggeration, but even though I've said many times, "Flint's not that big a town, you're bound to run into someone you know," never before had those words rung so true, especially so many miles outside of Flint proper. Fenton has been booming in the 21st century, absorbing those fleeing both Flint's decay & Oakland County's high cost of living. I liked the Fire Hall, but it was disconcerting to see so many familiar faces on my very first visit.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Foo Fighters, "Learn to Fly" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: