Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Victors

Whilst we await the announcement of Brady Hoke's dismissal, one name Michigan fans should consider as his replacement is Bo Pelini. Sure, you laugh, but think about it. What would you give to win nine games, every year, like clockwork? Pelini will probably never lead a club to a national championship, but at this point I'm more concerning with returning to respectability than returning to dominance.

The only thing that might save Hoke's job at Michigan, to my way of thinking, is the interim status of the athletic director. Given that Michigan will be competing for top-tier candidates with Nebraska (the job from which Pelini was just fired for consistently winning nine games a year, but no Big Ten titles) & Florida (their mediocrity is like sweet candy), the A.D. might opt to leave Hoke in as a condemned caretaker, & then have the permanent A.D. (whom I'm sure the interim A.D. would like to be) conduct a proper coaching search once he's established. I fervently hope that is not a possibility, that this is just the fevered musing of my dark & paranoid brain.

Think seriously, is Harbaugh anything other than a pipe dream? I'd love for him to be our coach, but could we really lure him away from the No Fun League? Could he ever be counted on to stay & build, or would he always have one foot out the door looking to get back to the pros? I've never been a fan of Bo Pelini, but he does have Big Ten experience. Of course, there are many fish in the sea, many more than just Jim Harbaugh & Bo Pelini.

Go Blue!

Project OSPREY
I have a meeting tonight & my father uses the D.V.R. to record what seems like every single show on network television, so I doubt I'll be able to see the valiant Wolverines' A.C.C./B1G Challenge game against the epithetless Orange (formerly the Orangemen) of Syracuse tonight. Drat!

Go Blue!

No comments: