Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The R.B.D. Song of the Day | Project MERCATOR

Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen, "Hot Rod Lincoln" via iTunes (Mike Papa Whiskey)

Commentary: For the rest of this week, the Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day will be celebrating the annual Back to the Bricks cruise & car show, a Genesee County summertime tradition now entering its second decade. I'm not a cruiser, having cruised enough in my father's Corvette to know it isn't my cup of tea, & my interest in classic muscle cars is more aesthetic than mechanical—I appreciate their beauty & the roar of a big V8, but my eyes glaze over when the real car guys' talk turns to engine displacement & gear ratios. I'll be seeking alternate routes so as to avoid Saginaw Street as much as possible for the next few days, but on Saturday morning I fully intend to do what I've done the last two years & walk the entire length of the car show, beholding thousands of cars. Project MERCATOR demands no less than taking advantage of this opportunity to join in this celebration of community & heritage. Back to the Bricks, baby!

No comments: