Monday, November 23, 2015

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day

Aloe Blacc, "Lift Your Spirit" from Lift Your Spirit (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: I am continually staggered & humbled by the profound gift of my family & friends. I try sincerely always to be thankful for my kith & kin.
"Times have changed,
Everything's strange,
Nothing's what it seems,
Is a friend someone who drops in
Or a face of a telephone screen?
When my chips are down and I'm feeling low
Who I'm 'pposed to call?
Who gonna help me stand on my feet after I fall?

"So, ladies and gentlemen,
And boys and girls,
This one goes out to the people
Who help me most in the world.

"So lift your spirit
And toast a cheer,
To all the good times
Throughout the years.
And just remember,
It ain't where you're from
It's where you're at,
It ain't who you know,
It's who's got your back…"

No comments: