Monday, December 14, 2015

The Rebel Black Dot Christmas Song of the Day

The Pogues (featuring Kirsty MacColl), "Fairytale of New York" from The Best of the Pogues (The Guy)

Commentary: The Guy posted the video to "Fairytale of New York" to his FaceSpace page over the weekend, confirming the choice of a song that had been rattling around my head as a R.B.D.S.O.T.D. candidate. Not Christmas-y enough, you say? Bollocks! Life doesn't stop for Christmas, Christmas is instead a celebration of life in all its myriad colors, sounds, & flavors.
"The boys in the N.Y.P.D. Choir were singing 'Glory Be,'
And the bells were ringing out for Christmas Day…"

2 comments:

Dr. Hee Haw said...

I just wanted to say this was a great Song of the Day choice. I hope all is well.

Mike Wilson said...

All's well that ends well, but my race is not yet run, so I'll say so far, so good.