Saturday, August 20, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "You Left Right?" from Pin Points and Gin Joints (The Last Angry Man)

Skammentary: "You Left Right?" is about the disillusionment that follows the presumably one-sided break-up of a romantic affair, but we appropriate it here for more generalized discontent (which is really just a byproduct of exhaustion, more physical than emotional).
"Sitting in the car with the engine off and I've got nowhere to go,
I need to be somewhere away from here to think…

"Never felt this fractured as I feel in all the days I've been alive,
I don't see myself collecting me too soon,
I sift and sort and come up short,
So far past my last resort…"
I'm always a fan of The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, but sweet fancy Moses, I love
Pin Points and Gin Joints!

No comments: