Thursday, August 11, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day


Barenaked Ladies & Sarah McLachlan, "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings" from Barenaked for the Holidays (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: The lyrics of "We Three Kings" were central to a lesson on the Incarnation at today's catechetical training.

Mittwoch, 10. August
Zolof the Rock & Roll Destroyer, "This Was All a Bad Idea" from the Popsicle E.P. (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary:
"You may be sad,
That's not that bad.

"You may be sad,
You may be nervous,
For maybe more than just one day,
That's not that bad…"
Dienstag, 9. August
William Shatner, "It Hasn't Happened Yet" from Has Been (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary:
"I was crossing the snow fields in front of the capitol building.
It was Christmas, but I was alone.
Strange city, strangers for friends, and I was broke.
As the carillon sang its song, I dreamt of success.
I would be the best.
I would make my folks proud.
I would be happy.
It hasn't happened yet…

"When do I feel I haven't failed?
I've got to get it together, man!
It hasn't happened yet…"

No comments: