Tuesday, February 14, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Song against Valentine's Day

The Ataris, "The Last Song I Will Ever Write about a Girl" from Blues Skies, Broken Hearts… Next 12 Exits (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: Just in case this year's A.V.D.S.O.T.D. didn't seem angry enough or bitter enough, ladies & gentlemen, The Ataris. In The Ataris' prime, not even the Reel Big Fish were more cynical about relationships.
"Broken heart again today,
The flowers that I gave to you have withered all away,
Just when I opened up my heart,
The one you used to love came and ripped it all apart!

"Why do I never seem to learn that
Love is wrong and girls are fucking evil?
I guess I'll never figure out
What womankind is all about.

"I heard your voice again today,
I'm scarred by all the lies that were once promises you made,
I lie in bed awake at night,
I wonder what went wrong, or even more just what went right!

"Why do I never seem to learn that
Love is wrong and girls are fucking evil?
I guess I'll never figure out
What womankind is all about."
Full disclosure: "The Last Song I Will Ever Write about a Girl" was not the last song about a girl Ataris frontman Kris Roe ever wrote.

No comments: