Monday, October 2, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day

Wheatus, "Teenage Dirtbag" from Wheatus (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: At a meeting last night, the Director of Religious Education employed a curious analogy for our relationship with the Lord God: We are awkward boys at a school dance & God is the incredibly smart, kind, popular, & beauteous girl who approaches us at the dance & not only knows our name, but gives us her telephone number, wanting to establish a relationship with us. My thoughts naturally went to "Teenage Dirtbag."
"Her name is Noelle,
I have a dream about her,
She rings my bell,
I got gym class in half an hour.
Oh, how she rocks
In Keds and tube socks,
But she doesn't know who I am,
And she doesn't give a damn about me…

"Man, I feel like mold,
It's prom night and I am lonely,
Lo and behold,
She's walking over to me,
This must be fake,
My lip starts to shake,
How does she know who I am?
And why does she give a damn about me?

"'I've got two tickets to Iron Maiden, baby.
Come with my Friday, don't say maybe.
I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby, like you'…"

No comments: