Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Operation ÖSTERREICH: Post-Christmas Edition

Weekly Wednesday Weigh-in
Last weigh-in: 340.0 lbs. (13 December 2017)
This weigh-in: 344.4 lbs.
Difference: +4.4 lbs.

Given all the Christmas cookies devouring & rich feasting of the last four weeks, especially the copious amounts of candy received as a family stocking tradition, & the pop I drank to soothe my throat while battling a mild but tenacious bout of the post-Xanadu dreadful sick, I'm somewhat pleasantly surprised to have only gained four & two-fifths pounds. That's not good, but it could easily have been much, much worse.

I don't hold with New Year's resolutions, which is why the Weekly Wednesday Weigh-in resumed in October '17. That said, with the holidays now past & the dreadful sick sloughed off, it's time to get back to work—just as soon as I finish these Reese's Pieces I'm eating.

Bonus! Lied von ÖSTERREICH
The Klezmonauts, "Santa Gey Gezunderheit" from Oy to the World: A Klezmer Christmas (The Last Angry Elf)

Commentary: "Gey Gezunderheit" is Yiddish for "go in good health," cf. the German "gesundheit."

No comments: