Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Operation ÖSTERREICH

Weekly Wednesday Weigh-in
Last weigh-in: 346.0 lbs
This weigh-in: 345.0 lbs.
Difference: -1.0 lbs.

While I cannot say that three hundred forty-five pounds is objective good, color me pleasantly surprised; I'd honestly expected to gain weight over the last week. I overate anything & everything in the last seven days. So, not to have gained three or four pounds is good news. Still, experience has shown how easy it is to lose two pounds per week (2 lbs./week); so, only losing one, even if it is better than gaining weight, isn't good enough. I dare not wait for Lent to begin to begin my Lenten fast. Here comes the suffering, but remember, Mike, suffering can be good for the soul.

Remember From Russia, with Love's (my friend, not the Ian Fleming novel) quote:
"Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels."
Bonus! Lied von ÖSTERREICH
"Weird Al" Yankovic, "Addicted to Spuds" from Polka Party! (The Last Angry Blimp)

2 comments:

Julie S said...

I believe that's typically attributed to Kate Moss.

Mike Wilson said...

Oh, cool. Thanks!