Thursday, January 25, 2018

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day


The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "The Route That I Took" from Pin Points and Gin Joints (The Last Angry Man)

Skammentary:
"Without really knowing I took all the wrong routes,
A misguided monster in the Doc Marten boots,
In the wrong directions, against all of the grains,
Got off at all the wrong stops, back onto all the wrong trains…

Without suggesting to you the routes I took were never wrong,
I took a look & still I took & somehow I stayed strong,
And I just stayed on the course with very few deviations,
One or two situations, some other odd altercations,
When my days were too dark, well, I had something to sell,
I am carnival barker with some stories to tell,
There'll be apologies made at every fork & each bend,
And I'm so glad that I stayed & I will—

"Stay to the end, stay to the end,
Glad I took a good look at the route that I took,
Stay to the end, stay to the end,
Glad I took a good look at the route that I took."

No comments: