Tuesday, August 18, 2020

The Queue

The Catholic Gentleman would have been an excellent work for me to read in 2012-2013, early in my spiritual awakening. The content is rock solid, entirely in line from what I've learned from other Catholic sources & experienced through Exodus 90/Day 91, but added nothing new to what I'd already learned, not even a new or unique perspective. That said, I should start smoking a pipe.

Archbishop Sheen's Life of Christ is a delight so far, but knowing myself it will take me six months to a year to work through it's six hundred pages. To keep things lively, I'm also reading The Frozen Lighthouse, the long awaited Project TROIKA novel, currently being shopped around to literary agents.

Cy Kellett is the host of the daily Catholic Answers Live radio show (& podcast) & the Catholic Answers Focus podcast. Ad Limina is his science fiction novella.

Recently
Edward Sri, No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk through Christ's Passion
Sonja Corbett, How to Pray Like Mary ***abandoned***
Sam Guzman, The Catholic Gentleman: Living Authentic Manhood Today

Currently
Fulton J. Sheen, Life of Christ
M. K. Mace, The Frozen Lighthouse

Presently
Cy Kellett, Ad Limina
Flannery O'Connor, Flannery O'Connor Collection
Michael Gorn, N.A.S.A.: The Complete Illustrated History

No comments: