Monday, August 17, 2020

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day: SKAugust


Bombskare, "Get Gone" from The Day the World Stood Stupid (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: Bombskare describe themselves as "Scotland's ska juggernaut." Today, be your locale's whatever-you-do juggernaut.
"If I only had twenty per cent of
The get up and go that got up and went,
And I would only need about thirty per cent of
The time that I had, the money I spend.
Imagine if I just had fifty per cent of
The chances I missed, chances I had,
Then I would only need a hundred per cent of
Every single day that I have!

"Get up!
Get moving, get living!
Get up!
Get going, get gone!…

"Stop wasting time pretending I'm dead,
I'll pretend I'm alive and get up instead!

"Get up!
Get moving, get living!
Get up!
Get going, get gone!…

"Sometimes I'm wrong, but I'm never in doubt,
I won't stay quiet when it's time for a shout,
No hesitating or hanging about
When the little hand says that it's time to get up.
No turning back the clock to live in the past,
Once I'm gone there's no looking back,
Mission complete, my work here is done,
When tomorrow comes I'll be solid gone!

"Get up!
Get moving, get living,
Get up!
Get going, get gone!

Get gone!
Get gone!"

No comments: