Monday, February 21, 2022

The Mighty Mighty Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "So Sad to Say" from Pay Attention (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: "So Sad to Say" was the lead single from Pay Attention, the album immediately following the plantium-selling Let's Face It. So day to say, but the fickle public's tastes had already moved on from 1997's Summer of Ska, meaning this was The Mighty Mighty Bosstones' last major-label release.
"I'll let you in on how I'm feeling:
You've got a lot of nerve,
You'll get what you deserve!
Granted, this feeling's unappealing,
I'm bitter, I'll admit,
Now I've got to deal with it.

"Just one more thing, O.K.?
It's all so sad to say.

"It's so sad to say,
What we had has gone away,
You could say it's sad,
Think of what we could have had…"

No comments: