Monday, February 5, 2024

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day

"Weird Al" Yankovic, "Cable TV" from Dare to Be Stupid (Mike Papa Whiskey)

Commentary: I don't mind the bursting of the streaming bubble, & I hope many of these companies go out of business. Burn, Hollywood! Burn! Why? Because their customer service is even worse than the widely acknowledged nightmare of cable telvision customer service. With cable, it is the trial of waiting on the phone for an operator, who may or may not be able to solve one's issue through a remote reset of one equipment, or scheduling an appointment with a technician for a home visit. These annoyances are well known & widely loathed. With streaming, one is on one's own: There's no number to call, the on-site F.A.Q. & help center are no help, & one can do nothing more than send direct messages into the dark, wondering if one will ever receive an unhelpful response. Fool me once, shame on thee; fool me twice, shame on me.

No comments: