Friday, September 20, 2002

I'd like to be against a war with Iraq, but I'm just not capable of that kind of moral cowardice.

45 Things She Wishes You Knew
42. It's cheating as soon as you're doing something with her that you wouldn't want me to see, hear, read...
and
43. For the record: I'd rather you break up with me than cheat.
I cannot agree with this strongly enough. If you are with someone, you are with them to the romantic/sexual exclusion of all others. Period. I don't care if you're dating the worst person in the world, as long as you haven't broken up with her, you will conduct yourself with complete fidelity. In a surprise move, Brad ripped the Band-Aid off; he broke up with Missy on Monday. On Sunday, I told him, "I mean, I don't know if you're even interested in looking for another girl, even a rebound girl, but you will not do anything until you've talked to Missy and it's over. I don't care how dead your relationship is, until there has been a formal declaration, you are still with her." I despise anyone who has ever cheated on their boyfriend or girlfriend. It is far better to dump a girl hard than to cheat on her just a little bit. And if you do cheat, whether or not to confess is your business and depends on your relationship, but I hope your conscience eats you alive. There is no higher virtue than loyalty, and infidelity is one of the gravest forms of disloyalty.

Lindsay does not approve of my purchase of Avril Lavigne's Let Go. This would bother me more if Linz weren't a devoted fan of (snicker snicker) Aerosmith.

The second season of Enterprise got under way Wednesday night. The good continues to outweigh the bad. I am deeply concerned about this December's tenth feature film, Star Trek: Nemesis.

No comments: