Wednesday, March 5, 2003

It is very inconvenient, from an egotistical point of view, to date someone who is significantly more busy than you. In trying to arrange Friday's plans with Q-Bert (thanks, Jon!), it is quite clear that my calendar is fairly open and relatively able to accomodate her hectic life as a grad student. But, then, my ego is not actually bruised by this. I love my lazybones lifestyle. I cherish the freedom which many suburban salarymen (to borrow a description from our Japanese friends) would kill to attain. I am poor, but I am beholden to no man (except my parents, who are always good for a weekend of meals and a warm bed). I am the captain of my own destiny. It just so happens that for now I am happy to work intramurals and bum around the city of my alma mater, and dream about the coming journey to Beantown and the unknown. On second thought, my ego and I love that I have the time to work around her schedule. So much more often than not, being me just kicks ass.

No comments: