Monday, March 31, 2003

It's Badgerrific! Nar nar nar nar.

Neutral Man, the Flying Dutchman, and I have been talking about moving out of ol' 1213. It's coming soon, you know, the end of April. Wow, I've lived in this house for three full years. Where did the time go? I can barely remember moving in, it almost seems as if I've always lived here. I remember living in West Quad and 606 (Mary Court, with Saturday Night, Boof Daddy, and Justin [I will NOT call him J-Dawg] as housemates: Best. House. Ever.), but in my mind's eye those memories look like a movie. It's all seen through a camera, not my own eyes. But I remember making spagetti for From Russia With Love, and hearing SNL and Boof getting ready for football games (they were both in the Michigan Marching Band) on Saturday mornings, and Friday nights watching anime while everyone else went out. Those were such great days.... But 1213 just feels so much more real. Living here with people I didn't like, but merely tolerated, like Captain Obvious, the Mouse, and the rest of the Idiot Brigade. Befriending and then learning to hate Alber. Blowing my chance with a girl named Hell-ya. Meeting Lindsay. The living room, where we met; playing "You Don't Know Jack" in Alber's room and I would have sworn I saw something in her eyes; the hug on the stairs; the parking lot, site of so many football parking antics, and also where she broke me heart; listening to El Grande Braino and his girlfriend have sex upstairs, the two of us talking, me in the bed and Linz on the couch. Three years, a hell of a lot out of twenty-three. Three damn years in this shithole, but it wasn't so bad. No, it really wasn't so bad. Eddie the Bat, the kegerator, the band, my toilet which always, always backs up; I love this fucking place. Maybe familiarity and love really are the same thing, I don't know, but I'm going to really miss this shithole.

I've been thinking about compiling some kind of list of all the girls I've liked. Just some minor biographical details, mostly concerning at what point in my life I liked each of them. I haven't made up my mind about how much to say, however, so for now all you get is a list of pseudonyms. A.H., Skeeter, Mrs. Blinky, the Coxswain, Psycho Hose Beast, From Russia With Love, Hell-ya, Q-Girl, and Lindsay, omnipresent in my thoughts. (Oddly enough, the two with whom I got farthest were the two whom I liked least, Psycho Hose beast and Q-Girl.) I see Hell-ya every so often at work, and she is still an absolutely gorgeous creature. In the right cultural context, she'd be a dame to kill for, a face for which to launch a thousand ships. My correspondence with From Russia With Love is now and always has been sporadic, but I should remedy that.

Hmmm, now to (maybe) engage in a little of the old internet commerce, maybe pick up a few old issues of Sandman Mystery Theatre.

No comments: