Saturday, June 28, 2003

A Superstitious and Cowardly Lot
Pelsky (formerly Neutral Man) and I saw The Italian Job this afternoon. Afterwards, in the mood for more Mark Wahlberg crime movies, we rented The Big Hit. We watched it back at my place. A little while after we finished it, Lauren decided to watch Snatch and we joined her. So, I've got crime on my mind. And the voice in my head has acquired a Cockney bend. Pikers.

A few notes on actors: Two Mark Wahlberg movies, two Jason Statham movies. Hmm, yeah, I'd say it's safe to call either actor a selling point. Like, I'm more likely to want to see a movie if it has either, or preferably both, or them in it. Normally, I find Charlize Theron to be not all that attractive and certainly not the end all and be all some claim. However, she's gorgeous in The Italian Job. To kill for.

Wilson
My dad called a little before ten o'clock, to share another Biblical reference he's uncovered in Star Wars. That's great, Pop, really great. And of course Mom wanted to speak to me, the sweetie. They are such fucking lunatics these days, bless 'em. I suppose that explains a thing or three about Grandma and Grandpa. Wilsons' minds go to rubbish in their old age, it's as simple as all that.

The Mountain called as soon as I got off the line with the folks. He sang karaoke the other night in a bar. What has happened to my brother and what have you people done with him? Oh, wait, wait, I forgot, this is the new David, the one who's been emerging for months now. Everything's okay now. Nobody should judge anybody else, most especially not me. Nuts to that. But, hell, what does it matter as long as he's having fun?

No comments: