Friday, July 11, 2003

Hopeless Savages
You should be reading Jen Van Meter's Hopeless Savages. It is the brilliant chronicles of aging punks Dirk Hopeless (born David Sterling) and Nikki Savage and their children Rat (son), Arsenal (daughter), Twitch (son), and Zero (daughter). Thus far, there have been two miniseries, Hopeless Savages and Hopeless Savages: Ground Zero, with a third having just begun, Too Much Hopeless Savages.

Dirk Hopeless
Nikki Savage
Rat Bastard Hopeless-Savage
Arsenal Fierce Hopeless-Savage
Twitch Strummer Hopeless-Savage
Skank Zero Hopeless-Savage

I hope I have equal courage in naming my children. It must be remarked that I had never met a hyphonated name I liked before Hopeless-Savage.

Arsenal's boyflesh is Claude Shi, while Twitch's boyflesh is his brother, Henry Shi. Ground Zero is about Zero falling in love with and winning the heart of her boyflesh, Ginger Kincaid. At present, Rat does not have a girlflesh.

I wish I had a girlflesh.

No comments: