Sunday, November 30, 2003

I am beset upon all sides by idiots. And some days, I just can't deal with it and lash out. Right now, I can't stand most of the people I know; when I'm in such a humour, it is best to avoid me like plague, lest I say something truly nasty which will affect the friendship even after I'm back to normal. At the same time, I desperately wish to speak with those few I can stomach. Odd, that.

People say, "In a hundred years, none of this will matter. " That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If you believe that, why get out of bed in the morning? Why eat? Why fuck? No, dumbass, ALL of it matters. Every moment of every hour of every day of your entire fucking life matters. When you lose your temper over a game of Risk. When you drink too much and "aren't really in control" of what you do. When you wish the whole world would just go away. All of it matters. None of it is unimportant. "In a hundred years, none of this will matter." If that's true, please do me the favor of shooting yourself in the fucking head.

(Now you may begin to glean why they call me The Last Angry Man.)

No comments: