Sunday, September 3, 2006

The Queue
Sarah Vowell, Radio On: A Listener's Diary
Gerald Green, The Last Angry Man

Sarah Vowell, Assassination Vacation
Uki Goni, The Real Odessa
Nick Hornby, A Long Way Down
Baroness Orczy, The Scarlet Pimpernel
William Manchester, The Arms of Krupp
Natan Sharansky, The Case for Democracy
Herman Melville, Moby-Dick

I stayed up half the night yesterday finishing The Last Angry Man. It was, as the quote from The New York Times on the cover promised, "... boiling with human drama...." I also felt that I had wronged both you, my loyal readers, by ignoring the long established traditions of "The Queue" and neglecting to list recently finished books, such as Sarah Vowell's Radio On.

Before resuming Radio On and The Last Angry Man, both had lain fallow since January or February, and I had not read any other books in the interim. I read a lot of comics in that time, and by no means do I desire to disparage the medium of comics, but it feels great to be back into books again.

No comments: