Monday, October 30, 2006

No, I'm not going to blog about that. It wouldn't help anything and people would get the wrong impression. And before I rail against self-censorship in the context of bloggy blogs, I'll remind myself that I am free to write whatever the flock I want in my journal without fear of offending anyone or, worse, inviting their help and advice, which to my way of thinking always reeks of pity. So, I'm not going to blog about that, though surely it will slip out later.

Impressionable
Despite all my TLAM bravado, I've always been highly impressionable and avidly imitative. Finishing up The Real Odessa of course prompted me to think about Avi Ducret, the Spy Smasher, and his new neo-Nazi archenemy, codenamed the Sea Lion. I had expected A Long Way Down to make me think about The Perfect Girl (a placeholder title for In Search of the Perfect Lesbian), but instead it has refined and sharpened my focus on Polis.

No comments: