Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The War for Civilization
More blood in the Biblical Land of Milk and Honey: assassinationlink. There is so much to say about Lebanon, nearly all of it profoundly sad.

Fire Millen: Joey's Revenge
My bellyaching is vapidly repetitious; so, I'll try to be mercifully brief: at Detroit, Joey Harrington's record works out to have been about 1-2. At 2-8, Jon Kitna's record is exactly 1-4. The Lions gave away a draft pick to the Dolphins for the privilege of worsening from 1-2 to 1-4. Under Harrington, the Dolphins are 3-3 in their last six games. They're still 4-6 on the year, nothing to write home about, but I'd give Matt Millen's right arm for the Lions to be 4-6, on a three-game winning streak, and about to face the worst team in the NFL in a national showcase.

I hate the entire State of Florida; so, I cannot in good conscience* root for Miami to win. But I can say, Go Joey!

BTW South Song of the Day
Less Than Jake, "Help Save the Youth of America From Exploding" from Hello Rockview (T.L.A.M.)

*Of course, with everything I've done, you would not be out of line asking if I can do anything in good conscience. As I once told the Mountain of Love, "I sleep the sleep of the just." He balked. "I didn't say I am among the just, such is the measure of my villainy that I sleep their sleep."

No comments: