Monday, June 25, 2007

I spoke with my mom yesterday and she, as is her wont, expressed matronly concern over my solitude and isolation here in Fort Worthless. I assured her that I am well enough, an act that brought to mind a pleasant turn of phrase from one of last week's journal entries that I'd intended to quote here at The Secret Base, an intention I noted in the selfsame entry. From Volume VI of my journal, 6.21.07, Thursday:

"David's been gone ten days and few ill-effects have been noted. If not built for solitude, I am well-acclimated to its rigors. I quite like that sentence. I may have to boast about it in the ethereal realm of the internet."

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "Last Dead Mouse" from Don't Know How to Party (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I am reminded, to my great delight, of "Last Dead Mouse" almost every single day by my endlessly amusing and devilishly clever "Last Dead Mouse" mouse pad. There's no mention of the Bosstones anywhere on it, not even a small image of Otis, just the words "Last Dead Mouse" and a dead cartoon mouse, replete with limp tongue sticking out of his mouth and X's over his eyes.

Of course, the song "Last Dead Mouse" is about another topic entirely, and one wholly more disturbing. Oh, the pesky social conscience of The Mighty Mighty Bosstones....

No comments: