Wednesday, June 20, 2007

So, I'm finally getting around to ripping a few odds and ends from my CD collection into my iTunes library, bands like Smash Mouth and No Doubt that I neither love nor hate enough to have exchanged at Jelly Bean's for more dog-eared issues of Justice League International. How did we get here? I was looking at the Martian Manhunter figure (it's 10" tall; so, it's too big to be an "action" figure) on my DVD rack in the living room and that naturally lead me to think of the comic book stories I'd like to write for a hypothetical Martian Manhunter series. One of them is titled "Return of Saturn," inspired by but not named after No Doubt's disappointing Return of Saturn, which of course for me thinking about Return to Saturn and voila, here we are, merrily ripping away. Jumpin' Jack Pratt, people, what in the high holy hell happened to Gwen Stefani? Tragic Kingdom was, alongside Dookie, the soundtrack of my high school years. Sure, Return of Saturn was, as previously mentioned, disappointing, but by no means was No Doubt beyond saving. Nowadays, Gwen Stefani is every iota as loathsome as *insert your preferred hated bottle blonde pop princess here* was five years ago. Forget the kindgom, Gwen's fall is what's tragic.

Tease
Two conundrums about which I have been reluctant to write anything substantive have been weighing upon me, and I've decided a little catharsis would do me some good. Propriety shall be our watchword, but within the limits of protocol I shall spill my guts freely, just as soon as I compel myself to make the time.

No comments: