Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Stars My Destination
Rendezvous in Space! I understand the forces involved in keeping an aeroplane airborne, yet every time I see a plane pass by overhead I am awestruck, as if by a chariot of the gods. In the same vein, I understand the basics of rocketry and orbital mechanics, but the idea that frail, stupid human beings could place a habitat, small though it is by terrestrial standards, in the heavens... it's almost too big to grasp. Yet the International Space Station and a temporary companion, the space shuttle Atlantis, loom above us all as I type these lines. Again I turn to the Bard, "What a piece of work is a man!"

Science!

Proud Europe
Big in Albania. Those who have recently experienced tyranny still appreciate all the United States has done to advance the cause of freedom and justice. Still, the best part of this article? King Zog!

No comments: