Friday, September 14, 2007

My sentiments exactly.



Article I

Ricky Fitness
I exercised today for the first time in approximately five weeks and discovered something quite perplexing: I have lost five pounds since August 1, the last time I weighed myself. I have exercised only sporadically in that period and eaten, as happens when one is traveling and otherwise in upheaval, way too much greasy fast food. Great jumpin' jelly beans, how did I lose five pounds? I see two possibilities. a) I have lost far more than ten pounds in muscle mass and gained several pounds in fat from the fast food, for a net loss of five pounds. Muscle does weigh more than fat. b) The scale in the exercise room at my old apartment complex was, as I always suspected, of dubious and variable accuracy. So, I have no way to know how much weight I have either gained or lost since last I was weighed. or, you know, maybe I did, through some mechanism that may never be revealed, manage to lose five pounds. I have been eating irregularly since I got home, rarely eating three meals in a day. In any event, woot! Five pounds! Woot!

Dear Bog, my stomach muscles are sore. Lousy crunch machine. Of course, the pain means it's working... curses!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Less Than Jake, "Dopeman (Remix)" from Goodbye Blue & White (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: