Monday, October 29, 2007



Where have you gone, Joey Heisman?

Honolulu Blue Forever Nevermore
Go ahead and call me Pontius Pilate, because I wash my hands of this debacle, now and forever. There are complicated issues of loyalty yet to be parsed, but the long and short of it is that I find nothing in the Detroit Lions deserving of my affection and fidelity. Beyond that cold analysis, the plain truth is that I have watched several of this season's games and plumbed the depths of my heart, but can find not the merest shred of love for the Lions. Nor can I summon fondness enough to foster a burning hatred. The Lions are as inconsequential to me as Major League Soccer (*gasp*), which means it is time I show myself the door. To those of you who remain, I wish you all the best, and there is a part of me that envies your devotion. I hope your fealty, though given to an ignoble cause, will one day be rewarded richly.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Dance Hall Crashers, "My Problem" from The Old Record (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "Don't let it hurt your self-esteem / You'll be some girl's ever-lasting dream."

No comments: