Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween's Revenge
Welcome back, Halloween, old friend, I had never truly appreciated how much I missed you. Never again shall I repeat the apathetic fiasco that was the last decade. You and me, we're going to go the distance.

But the nocturnal merrymaking of Halloween has a sober diurnal counterpart, All Saints' Day. Upon the morrow, I shall rise early and attend Mass in veneration of the saints.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
The Aquabats!, "Chemical Bomb!" from The Aquabats! vs. The Floating Eye of Death! and Other Amazing Adventures, Vol. 1 (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: You know, I don't really have any Halloween music in my audio library. I have boatloads of Christmas tunes and plenty of bombastic songs for the Fourth of July, but naught for All Hallows' Eve. Odd, that. I thought about "Monsters Wedding!" (it had to be an Aquabats! song since my costume was my Captain Thumbs-Up uniform) but decided the cheery gruesomeness of "Chemical Bomb!" was more in keeping with the spirit of Halloween.

"Chemical bomb,
Chemical bomb,
Eyes melt, skin explodes,
Everybody dead.
It won't be long,
It won't be long,
People gonna run around
Losing their heads.
A river of blood,
Who's gonna live?
The earth is tired of humankind,
And I think this world
Is gonna wash up in Hell.

La la la la la,
La la la la la,
La la la la la la la.
La la la la la,
La la la la la,
La la la la la la la."

No comments: