Thursday, June 17, 2010

Project MERCATOR
After quite a lull through May & June, MERCATOR is back with no small vim. After last night's weekly speech & debate team practice (more debate than speech, alas), we decamped to a late night eatery for food & fellowship. A grand time was had by all. For the second evening in a row I did not return home 'til after midnight; MERCATOR has a price, but I dare not shirk my duty. This weekend: another bonfire on Friday & lunch with Doc Hee Haw on Saturday. I do so love my life!

The Magnificent Moustache Malarkey
Day 44: As we ate our late night eats, our waitress was captivated by my moustache. At one point, as she walked by staring, she said that she wanted to reach out and then as her voice trailed off she made hand motions as if to twirl the moustache's ends. I told her that she was quite welcome to do so if she wished, but shyness or professionalism prevented her from acting on her impulse. I explained to my fellows that other girls had twirled the ends of my moustache and we always welcome to do so if they but asked. At the end of our evening, I penned on the check, "You could have twirled my moustache if you'd asked." Mike Wilson: Moustache Hero?

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Zolof the Rock & Roll Destroyer, "The Way It Goes" from Schematics (T.L.A.M.)

Mittwoch, 16 Juni
The Chinkees, "Merry Mary, Will You Still Marry Me?" from Searching for a Brighter Future (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "Honestly, my heart still needs some love."

No comments: