Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Vote For Kodos: Conscience & the 4th Commandment
My father is running for the Congress, seeking the Republican nomination to face Representative Dale Kildee for the Michigan 5th District seat in the United States House of Representatives. I have not blogged about this before now for fear that something I write might somehow be used against him. (During my Texile, my roommate was sacked from his job—the very reason we moved to Bogforsaken Texas—for grousing about said job on his now defunct bloggy blog. Loose lips sink ships.) I shall not blog about this again until after the August primary election (if he loses) or (if he wins the primary) the November general election, but there is one thing I must say.

My father is downstairs right now talking to a local G.O.P. big wig, trying to convince the powers-that-be (feeble as they are, for both Genesee County and the Michigan 5th are overwhelmingly Democratic) to support his tea party-fueled insurgency against the "establishment" candidate, a local entrepreneur. My father speaks with great authority on the shape of things to come. He knows exactly what the future will look like "once we lose, and we will lose, this war against radical Islam" and our gadget-loving "civilization is destroyed by an E.M.P. attack." To my father, these are not possible futures, these are certitudes. I would be remiss if I did not communicate the following about my father's abilities as a prognosticator: my dad bought a Betamax V.C.R. long after it became clear V.H.S. was winning the format war; my dad weighed the pros and cons of H.D. D.V.D. versus Blu-ray and bought an H.D. D.V.D. player scant months before Toshiba announced the discontinuation of that format. When my father speaks with such conviction about the world that's coming, about his superior ability to see the future while those who disagree with him are blind, always bear in mind Betamax & H.D. D.V.D.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Zolof the Rock & Roll Destroyer, "So Scared" from Schematics (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I love Zolof the Rock & Roll Destroyer. Bands to which I've been introduced as a direct result of Reel Big Fish (and that's not counting totally awesome R.B.F. side projects like The Littlest Man Band & The Forces of Evil): Mu330, Zolof the Rock & Roll Destroyer. Thanks, Reel Big Fish!

"I'm not all right about screwing you over.
I'm not about to be right; so, then why should I try?"

No comments: