Friday, June 22, 2012

Kith & Kin
Well, now I know a little something about the removal of drywall, & soon I'll be far more knowledgeable about the repair & reinforcement of wooden staircases. In the immortal words of The Aquabats!, "There's so much to learn!" Home improvement is both a pain & a hoot.

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Paul Simon, "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: As a child, I found it irksome that even though the song it titled "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover," and the lyrics mention repeatedly that figure, the song describes only five ways to leave your lover, along with sundry exhortations against discussion & for making yourself free. As an adult, I find that my younger self had a worthy point & was right to be irked.

"And then she kissed me,
And I realized she probably was right,
There must be fifty ways to leave your lover,
Fifty ways to leave your lover.

"You just slip out the back, Jack,
Make a new plan, Stan,
You don't need to be coy, Roy,
Just get yourself free.
Or you hop on the bus, Gus,
You don't need to discuss much!
Just drop off the key, Lee,
And get yourself free."


Donnerstag, 21 Juni
Paul Simon, "Kodachrome" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I fear for a future in which film has gone the way of the dodo & all we are left with is lifeless digital photography.

No comments: