Wednesday, June 27, 2012

This Week in Motorsport
By Endurance We Conquer
World Endurance Championship
Round 3
24 Heures du Mans
Saturday-Sunday, 16-17 June

Staying up for the entire twenty-four hours of Le Mans was undoubtedly the right call. I drifted off to slumber momentarily on four occasions, but each time snapped back awake when my head drooped. For next year, I shall refine my endurance technique & make it through with flying colors. I took a four-hour nap on Sunday afternoon, which rejuvenated me to a great degree, & was able to fall asleep Sunday night without any difficulty, sleeping for ten hours like a log before awaking refreshed & restored to normal functionality on Monday morning. Not missing a moment of Le Mans is worth the punishment of powering through the night.

For more on the race itself, please see the numerous "24 Heures du Mans" posts from 16-17 June.

Rally Monkey
World Rally Championship
Round 7
Rally New Zealand
Friday-Sunday, 22-24 June

Even though I despise the Realm of New Zealand & wish to see every edifice on both the North Island & the South Island razed, & the land salted, I nevertheless watched the Rally New Zealand. Sweet fancy Moses, I love the madness of the W.R.C.! The Citroën factory (or "works") team scored their third consecutive one-two finish after miscalculations by the Ford factory squad. I admire the dogged determination of Ford's two drivers, '03 World Champion Petter Solberg (Norway) & Jari-Matti Latvala (Finland), but I just so enjoy any time the blue oval loses. It doesn't matter to whom they lose (& I've no particular affinity for Citroën), any Ford defeat brings a smile to my face.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Elvis Costello, "Miss Macbeth" from Spike (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: