Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Victors
As long as I'm using The Secret Base as an aggregator of my other-site social media activity, this is what I posted to the FaceSpace regarding Michigan quarterback Devin Gardner's rank performance against the epithetless Zips of Akron:
Devin Gardner should never again be allowed to wear № 98.
Ninety-eight was Heisman Trophy-winner Tom Harmon's number, & 'til the Notre Dame game last weekend no valiant Wolverine had worn it since Harmon. Gardner remains our starting quarterback, & I still have high hopes for the lad, but after such an atrocious performance he is simply unworthy of the honor of Harmon's number & the accompanying commemorative patch.

As I remarked to my father last night, "We didn't lose that game, but we sure as hell didn't win."

No comments: