Thursday, May 22, 2014

Operation AXIOM

Only one more day 'til Narwhal Day! Are ye ready to feel the sympathy?



The Rebel Black Dot Sea Shanty of the Day
Aaron Burnett, "Narwhal" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary:

"The narwhal has a long, thin tusk that grows out of his snout,
It's really just a big old tooth, but it gives him lots of clout.
He lives in the Arctic waters, just a happy little whale,
Very little is known of him, so I thought I'd share this tale…"


Urbi et Orbi
Last night, I attended the first sessions of an "at-home" retreat called 33 Days to Morning Glory (from a wee book of the same name). It is in preparation for Marian consecration (Wikipedia-link) in late June. I pray the "Hail Mary" almost every single day, placing my trust in the Blessed Virgin's intercessory prayers on my behalf, but some of the things said on the instructional D.V.D. by the priest leading the "retreat," Father Michael Gaitley, prompted me to raise an eyebrow. Early days yet, & this might yet prove a great boon, but right now my oft-repeated motto, "I like my religion like I like my politics, just that little bit crazy," is being put to the test. Have I meant that, or have I been a poseur?

No comments: