Friday, May 9, 2014

Robot Week!



The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
The Phenomenauts, "I Am Not Robot" from the Electric Sheep E.P. (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: In the mid-1970s, Leonard Nimoy published an autobiography titled I Am Not Spock. Twenty years & six Star Trek feature films later, he published a second autobiography, titled I Am Spock. The Phenomenauts have turned that script on its head, releasing "I Am Not Robot" several years after "I Am Robot."

"When I sleep, will I dream of electric sheep?
When I sleep, will I even dream at all?
Instead I wake up wishing I could take myself apart
And scatter all the pieces on the floor…

"When I bleed, do I bleed electricity?
On darkened streets I don't need to fear at all.
One day I'll trade this (unintelligible) for a brand-new, beating heart,
When I am not a robot anymore.

"My story's awfully trite,
It's one that everybody knows,
Everybody knows,
But I'll scream with all my might
So everybody knows,
Everybody knows,
The singularity of me…"

No comments: