Sunday, May 11, 2014

Urbi et Orbi

This morning, I attended my thirty-third & thirty-fourth Masses of the year. That's more Masses than in all of 2008 & '10 (thirty-two) & '09 (thirty-three), & just three shy of '11's attendance (thirty-seven, then a record). Of course, I am indeed comparing apples to oranges, as both Masses I attended this morning had a service component—9:30 at Saint Pius X, presenting a memorial chalice in remembrance of a departed brother Sir Knight; 11:00 at Holy Redeemer, singing in the choir. Yes, that's right, preaching to me is now literally preaching to the choir. I attended three Masses last Sunday (4 May), all at Holy Redeemer—9:00 A.M., lector; 11:00, choir; 5:00 P.M., substitute lector. It looks increasingly likely that this year will see me exceed last year's record of sixty-three Masses, though that's still apples to oranges as I only started as lector late in that year & had not yet been dragooned into the choir. So, the more salient point is that I remain on track for this year's most importance mass-attendance goal: Not to miss a single Sunday, except possibly to travel.

I've got a crush on a girl at church, Charlie Romeo, in part because I see her all the time at church, & she's just as involved as I am, if not more so. To wit: we hugged (she initiated) & said "Good-bye" for the summer today, as she's soon leaving on a mission trip. I'm thrilled that she's been so called by the Lord, & that she has the fidelity to have answered His call, but, you know, for myself, drat!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Fourth Sunday of Easter
Matt Maher, "All the People Said Amen" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Captiousness applies to music both secular & sacred; the title should be "All the People Said 'Amen.'"

"And all the people said 'Amen,' Whooooa,
And all the people said, 'Amen,'
Give thanks to the Lord, for His love never ends,
And all the people said, 'Amen'…

"Blessed are the poor in spirit who are torn apart,
Blessed are the persecuted and the pure of heart,
Blessed are the people hungry for another start,
For this is the Kingdom, the Kingdom of God!…"

No comments: