Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
"Weird Al" Yankovic, "Grapefruit Diet" from Running with Scissors (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Referencing a dress-up event today, at last night's fundraiser one of the brothers mentioned his "zoot suit," in no way meaning an actual zoot suit, which lead me to sing, "Zoot Suit Riot," inevitably leading to "Grapefruit Diet," which as is the case with many of "Weird Al's" parodies, I prefer to the original.

"Grapefruit diet! (Diet!)
Throw out the pizza and beer!…"

I'm listening to "Grapefruit Diet" as I eat my lunch (brunch, I suppose, since I didn't have breakfast before Mass), cold pizza left over from yesterday. I have been known to quip, "Cold pizza & a Red Bull, the breakfast of champions," even though every school kid knows black coffee & a cigarette is the true breakfast of champions.

No comments: