Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day

Huey Lewis and the News, "The Power of Love" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Movie night last night at Casa de Nachos: Back to the Future, Back to the Future Part II, & Back to the Future Part III. We talked & laughed more than we watched, & a thoroughly good time was had by all. We unquestionably stayed up too late, but 'twas worth it.

Dienstag, 27 Januar
They Might Be Giants, "She's an Angel" (live) from Severe Tire Damage (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: There was a discussion of angelic intervention in Acts of the Apostles at Monday night's Bible study, & what I scribbled in my notes was "'She's an Angel.'" Not "Angels We Have Heard On High," nor "Hark! The Herald Angel Sings!," nor even "(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes."

"When you're following an angel
Does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?
Somewhere they're meeting on a pin head,
Calling you an angel, calling you the nicest thing.
I heard they have a space program;
When they sing, you can't hear—there's no air.
Sometimes I think I kind of like that,
And other times I think I'm already there…"


Montag, 26 Januar
They Might Be Giants, "Can't Keep Johnny Down" from Join Us (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I've never been especially fond of Join Us, articulated in conversation as "I just can't get into it." Had it been the debut album by a new band, I assuredly would never have bought their sophomore effort. But something about "Can't Keep Johnny Down" appealed to me on Monday morning.

No comments: