Monday, March 30, 2015

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day

Sanctus Real, "On Fire" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "On Fire" resonated with me when I first heard it Sunday morning, because though I still think myself in the midst of a profound spiritual awakening, it feels as though this Lent has worn me down rather than built me up. I've been so busy, so bereft of sleep, pulled in so many different directions that I've sometimes felt I'm just going through the motions, try though I might to let my spirit soar to a higher plane rather than get stuck here in the world. I feel like, for the first time, I understand what it means to be burning the candle on both ends.

"Your heart was soft, you had radiant eyes,
But slowly the pressures and burdens of life
Pulled you into the dark of the night,
But when did you lose your sight?

"'Cause you were on fire,
And church was more than a place,
And people were more than faces,
And Jesus was more than a name…"

There's nothing wrong with me except that I'm weary, tired in my bones. As it has often these past months, "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" springs to mind.


Sonntag, 29 März
Barenaked Ladies, "Upside Down" from Everything to Everyone (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "And I will not turn my whole life upside down…"

No comments: